Wednesday 13 January 2010

Representing Worldlines




At the moment I am working on how to visually represent the concept of worldlines, which are basically a causal chain explaining how someone moves through time and space. The intersection of people’s worldlines is what causes them to interact and chance happenings to occur. These photographs are initial experiments with representing these concepts.

I have used small ready made models of people and connected them using thread, experimenting with the lighting and the way the shadows fall. I have tried to create complexity in the image by layering photographs. Although I find these images somewhat successful I will now refine the ideas and tidy up the production of the photographs. I also wish to show this concept in a slightly different way by creating worldlines in thread for objects instead of people, putting them in a real domestic situation and photographing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment